Thursday, January 5, 2017

Testament Chronicles 1


My original plan for today's post was to review Sentinels of Echo City as I mentioned previously.  That however, came before a shift in my already short attention span...

Over the last few months (over a year maybe?), I have been tinkering with a dark sci-fi/fantasy mash-up that I call Testament Chronicles. When asked about my influences for it I respond that it is a combination of things. I am tinkering with ideas from: Warhammer 40k, Mutant Chronicles, Shadowrun and of course Star Wars.

I have waffled between a variety of mechanics systems for it... White Star, Open D6, Stars Without Number and so on. As it stands now I will be using a chopped up and recombined version of White Star, the D6 Star Wars and my own ideas.

But more than that it is the setting that I can't shake. What I mean by that is the ever present itch to work on it. Annoying and fun at the same time.

Testament Chronicles begins centered on a massive space station.  Testament is far out on the edge of the Grand Dominion (kind of like the Empire in Star Wars). The Dominion has declared a great pilgrimage into the Frontier. The idea is for the characters to either be part of those moving into the great unknown or those that stay on the fringe of the Dominion.

There are all types of special 'features' at play in the setting. Gifted individuals have potent psychic abilities, some choose to upgrade their bodies with cybernetics. Some choose to go to the extreme with their upgrades, becoming beings called War-Cores.

In the background of all of this is the Fold. The Fold is the great shadow, the evil and corruption that is generated by sentient species existence. It's power can totally twist people into monstrous beings or subtly alter their personalities, making them in turn spread more of the Fold's power.

I have a multitude of ideas for this setting and although it isn't one my my 'normal' genre interests it must be done! I will continue to make posts about this, detailing information about the setting and the system I am working on,

I hope you all enjoy my ideas!


No comments:

Post a Comment