Friday, November 15, 2013

A Multitude of Possibilbiites

Hello all,

I hope all of you are having an excellent time in your endeavors!  I am doing quite well despite a multitude of health issues going on at the moment.  I have had the chance of late to expand some of my writing horizons as well as get in some much needed gaming time here and there.

I have been doing a good job of late of keeping myself motivated and working.  Progress is always good and it has only strengthened my resolve to get my projects finished.  The work on my homebrew system/setting is moving along at a relatively steady pace.  New ides are constantly forming and there always seems to be something to add here and there.

Originally I was planning on doing several settings for this system but at the moment I am concentrating solely on a fantasy one.  Surprisingly enough I have been working on a full Game-Master 'book' of sorts for it.  I didn't think I would be including something like that but I have realized that there is a lot of info I can put into such that will aid me in fleshing out the setting and adding optional rules here and there.  Fun stuff indeed.

My Cosmology Engine project is almost done writing-wise and I have started working on some sketches for the artwork portion of the project.  The game is my homage in sense to the Palladium meta-setting Rifts although it has enough difference to be my own thing.  I imagine there are only a few more things to write down for the project then comes editing and art.  So while things are not entirely done it is creeping closer.

I am also delving into another supers-related project that I won't go into a lot of detail about until there is more hammered out behind the scenes.  This one promises to be a metric crap-load of work but is really exciting for me.  There will be more info about this coming soon!

So, on the playing tip I got to try out Fate (CORE) for the first time.  I have been interested in seeing how this game works for quite the long time.  I love narrative concepts and enjoy simple dice mechanics so this is a great combination of the two.  I have much to learn still, but for those who enjoy fast actions and create-your-own possibilities this is a natural.  The best part is that I am a player in this and I only need to have a bit of background in the game to enjoy it!  I give it a hearty thumbs up!  I am thinking about doing a full-fledged review of Fate soon, we will just have to see.



No comments:

Post a Comment