Saturday, November 2, 2013

Just thinking...

Hey all!

One of the things I have always tried to do with my writing is stay open to new ideas.  Over the years I have dabbled in countless different systems and those that I made myself.  What I have been wondering about is what can I do to make things easier?

Sticking to one Setting: This is a great idea but unfortunately I have concentration issues and to compound that I am constantly having new ideas for different things.

Sticking to one Genre: I have had multiple conversations with my mentors like Jay, Nathan, and Joshua about this and it is still up in the air.  I love my supers, that is a given, but I am somewhat obsessed with making a different spin on that.  Is this a bad thing?  I don't know.

I have of course narrowed it down to two genre; supers and fantasy.  I have even thought about combining the two somehow but eh... I don't know.  I have several supers ideas as is and don't want to confuse myself by creating another.

I have two sets of notes for post-apoc supers, a horror/super melange, and a dark Iron-Age setting.  I really want to finish at least two of these but sheesh is it ever taking me a long time.  I think it is good that i keep coming back to these.  It shows that I haven't stopped thinking about them but man is it frustrating at times...

So, I know I won't get many, if any, answers to this but what do you think?

A: Post Apoc supers where the world is being torn apart by the intrusion of different realities

B: A supers world tryign to survive in the face of an alien invasion

C: A dark Iron Age setting where life is cheap and the need for true heroes is on the rise

Hopefully some of you can take the time and toss me an answer or two.  I love the input of others and value your thoughts!

Thanks as always and keep on Gaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment