Thursday, March 20, 2014

Creativity and a few brief reviews...


And away we go!

So the last couple of days have been slow on the creative tip.  It isn't because I didn't want to be, rather I just had a lot of negative things on my mind... I am sure you know how it is.  Today seems to be different in that I have already managed to get a little art done and I hope to do some more writing today.

So, I know a good number of you are writers of various levels and taste in genre.  That is what I am wondering about today.  I am an RPG writer.  Anyone who has read this blog-o-mine knows that.  The thing is I recently took a bit of time and wrote more of a story.  It was a snippet really... just over 3k words, but I enjoyed it immensely.  To that end I have been thinking more and more about trying my hand at more recognizable fiction writing. (is that an oxymoron?)

Will I be working on RPG's still?  Well of course!  I am actually working somewhat dilligently on a writing project or two for the BareBones Games by DwD.  I am thinking about using the fiction I want to do as a tie-in for the gaming things.  I think it should be fun but I imagine it will be frustrating at times as well.  And we all know how I deal with frustration...

Lets see now... what other things am I interested in today...

I am starting work on a set of art projects for a gaming series called "Toys in the Sandbox" by Occult Moon.  The TinSB series are small ideas for GM's that can be inserted into lots of different situations.  They are great for when you don't have time to do everything for a session.

I am re-reading  the Contagion RPG.  It is a dark future world where all kinds of supernatural beast and anomaly takes place in the modern world.

Both are quite fun really.

I plan to do a more in-depth review of these in the coming days.  I need to get back to art right now though :D

Keep on Gaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment