Friday, March 14, 2014

Works well with others...


Anyone who has read this goofy blog 'o mine knows that I simply can NOT stay focused for long.  There are times I wonder if this is a good-or-bad kind of thing since it further inhibits my ability to finish anything, but at the same time it is fun to work with others collaboratively.  I think that getting input and ideas during the early part of a project can do a lot of good for everyone involved.

I have been fortunate enough to make some friends and mentors in the RPG and writing fields over the years.  All of them have influenced my work in one way or another.  Some, like my great friend Nathan, have been a sounding board for my scattered thoughts for about two-decades now and others, like Lee, Jay and Joshua, are new to me but just as helpful.

I have been working on a few (more than I should be) projects recently.  Two of them, being done with a new friend named Anthony, are using the D00-lite system utilized by the BareBones Fantasy game, while the other is a total homebrew system/setting with a different friend.  Is this too much?  Yeah, probably... but it's how I roll.

I love getting help, I like the push that such help can give me and the excitement that comes from collaboration.  I have spent so many years trying to do everything by my self that I have grown stagnant and these new projects have been awesome!

I can't wait to share some of my projects with you all.  My personal projects will all be released quietly, using the new PWYW model and if things go right (no, WHEN things go right...) I will be working on a awesome upcoming game from Daring Entertainment.  INCOMING SHAMELESS PPROMOTION!!!

   https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2092114443/daring-comics-role-playing-game


I hope that in time I can do even more collabrative work with people.  As much as I like my solo-work, I think this is a way of doing things that will best fit my way of thinking...

What about you all?  How do you work best?

No comments:

Post a Comment