Monday, July 15, 2013

What is Rally Cry 2

As I mentioned in a previous post Rally Cry is an over-reaching, over-extended setting that I have been tinkering with for years.  There have been countless iterations of it and some have seen the light of day while others are still buried away like ancient relics.  Two larger portions of the setting, the Ruins of New York City, and an overall view of the world have been placed on this blog for anyone to see.

That being said there is so much more I want to do for the setting.  I am currently working on a massive timeline for the world that begins before creation and ends in 2050.  Included in that timeline are ideas for alternate dimensions and other planets ripe for working on.  One of the alternate timelines has already seen print, well in PDF form, as Welcome to Bifrost.  WtB details the what happens after a massive alien invasion and the subsequent spread of humanity into the stars.

As I work more on the RC timeline I find more things I want to do.  I have already been plotting out something of a sub-set of WtB in the form of a setting taking place on Earth and what happens to those that couldn't escape the alien invasion.  It is a fun one to work on, and lets me get out some ideas, but I still keep coming back to the overall Rally Cry setting.

I said before that RC was my baby, but perhaps it is more.  Despite my constant forays into other genres I keep coming back to it.  Now don't get me wrong.  I enjoy other games, especially Fantasy, but it is Supers that I enjoy most....even if it annoys the living hell out of me at times!

Some of the things I would like to do for RC are...
Finish the master timeline

Finish the write-up for Lincoln Station, a mega-city on Earth that is the most important city in the nation at this time

Do a book of just NPC's of all kinds...everything from mundane people, to super-powered individuals, to alien species.

Detail out different portions of the timeline to use as alternate dimensions or timelines.

Like I said... a lot of work to be sure.

Right now my tentative plan is to release this in a dual system format.  This means that I would be doing up the stats and such for two games, G-Core and Invulnerable.  Both are excellent games and although they have dramatically different mechanics both are close to my ideas of supers-gaming.

Of course I am more than interested in hearing anyone else's ideas or input they may have.  I am always willing to talk about this kind of thing!

As always thanks for reading and keep gaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment