Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Super Tuesday 4 continued... the System

Following up on my previous post and the responses from Joshua I have decided to further explore the ideas of working up my own system.  The thing to keep in mind is that this is far from polished.  It is just the basic ideas of my newest system and needs a lot more examples and such but this should give you all an idea of where I am going.

The work on a system of my own is interesting to be sure.  Every time I look at it I see things I would like to expand or fix.  I understand that is just part of the process but it doesn't help that I am so obsessive about details combined with the fact that I am amazingly hard on myself.  Do I know if this is going to be "the one"?  No, of course not but hopefully it will give some sense of my thinking process.

Also touching on something I said earlier I am all for finding someone else's system to work with.  I am fond of the idea of using the OGL but prefer the Creative Commons idea even more.  I know of a few options that I can use, but as I mentioned before I am worried about losing my IP if I use someone else's system.  Probably a silly notion, but it is there.  'Course it would help if I studied up on the various permutations of the OGL and CC licenses. 

Anyway, I am rambling.  Here it is, a preview of my 'simple' system.  I would be happy to hear anything you all think and if you have any ideas of other systems I could use

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ckndcmvkygy3dq8/The%20System.pdf

Thanks as always and keep on Gaming!!

No comments:

Post a Comment