Sunday, August 11, 2013

YaY mE!

Those of you who have been reading this humble blog understand that I have been struggling with conflicting ideas for my super-heroic setting known as Rally Cry.  To say I have been beating myself up about it is a major understatement.  As I have mentioned before RC has been a labor of love and frustration for me for quite the long time.

Over the years with it I have tried to create my own systems and tinkered with adaptions for tons of different games.  I finally realized (with the help of friends) that creating a system, while something I hope to someday do, is not for me at this time.  To this end I have firmly decided on my plan to move forward.

I have decided to pretty much destroy the world of Rally Cry.  This somewhat drastic action will help me in a number of ways.  The most important being that I don't have to keep obsessing with incredibly detailed back-stories and cramming as much into one setting as possible.  This has been the major stumbling block for me throughout the years.

One of the oldest ideas for RC was to have a major earth-shattering invasion that involved the entire planet.  It is this invasion that will be the setting for Rally Cry for here on in.  It is, in my opinion, going to be much easier both writing wise and in scope.  I have already worked out all the basic notes for the new setting and even got the pencils done for one of the invaders creatures.  The new plan also means that I can re-utilize my 'Welcome to Bifrost' setting that is an off-shoot of the original RC universe.

I can't wait to see where this goes.  For the first time I am truly excited about writing for supers again and look forward to doing more.

I hope you all will join me for the ride!

As always, thank you and Keep on Gaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment